The Composition and Advantages of Solar PV Systems
1. The composition and principle of solar PV systems
The power generation principle of solar PV systems is mainly to use solar cells to directly convert sunlight into electrical energy for power generation, using the original photovoltaic effect principle. Stand-alone solar PV systems can convert solar energy into electricity during the day when illuminated by solar energy, and photovoltaic technology is gradually being applied worldwide.
The composition of solar PV systems is composed of four forms of solar photovoltaic power generation: photochemical power generation, light induction power generation and photobiological power generation. The most common one in life is photovoltaic power generation. Compared with thermal power generation and nuclear power generation, solar cells do not cause environmental pollution, are suitable for various load machines, have a long service life and a wide range of work. Photovoltaic cells are the core part of solar PV systems, which can improve photoelectric conversion efficiency and reduce production costs. When they are broken, they can also be adjusted by connecting the power grid with electricity to form a photovoltaic effect. Many photovoltaic power generation related technologies have been greatly developed.
With the rapid development of solar photovoltaic technology, the cost of power generation is also falling rapidly. As a clean energy, solar energy is a freely available renewable energy. Solar photovoltaic technology can be invested once and used for a long time, and will surely become one of the important energy sources for sustainable development.
2. Advantages of solar PV systems
1) Solar energy resources are available everywhere, and can supply power nearby without long-distance transmission, which avoids power loss and resource waste caused by long-distance transmission lines.
2) The energy conversion of solar PV systems is very simple, directly converting light energy into electrical energy, reducing the loss of intermediate energy.
3) The solar PV system itself does not need to use any fuel, does not emit carbon dioxide and other gases, and is truly a new type of renewable energy.
4) The photovoltaic power generation process does not require cooling water and can be installed on the desert without water. Photovoltaic power generation can also be easily combined with buildings to form a photovoltaic building-integrated power generation system, which does not require separate land occupation and can save valuable land resources.
5) Photovoltaic power generation has no mechanical transmission parts, so the operation and maintenance are simple, and the operation is stable and reliable. A set of solar PV systems sold in Anern solar supply store can generate electricity as long as there are solar cell modules, coupled with the widespread adoption of automatic control technology, it can basically achieve unattended operation and low maintenance costs.
6) Solar PV systems have stable and reliable performance and long service life (more than 30 years). Crystalline silicon solar cells can last as long as 20 to 35 years. In solar PV systems, the battery life can be as long as 10 to 15 years as long as the design is reasonable and the selection is appropriate.