Factors to Consider Before Selecting and Installing a Solar Inverter
Ⅰ. Know the solar inverter
The inverter is the brain of the solar device. Although the main task of the solar inverter is to convert DC electricity to available AC electricity, it has other functions. If there is a problem with your system or even with the solar panel, your solar power inverter will detect it. Before selecting and installing a solar inverter, you need to consider the following factors.
Ⅱ. Factors to consider before selecting and installing a solar electric inverter
1. The dimension of solar inverters is one of the most important factors to consider. There are many sizes of solar inverters, like 3.2 kw hybrid solar inverter and 20kw off grid solar inverter. To understand the size of the solar inverter you need, you should consider how to use it as well as power requirements. With these information in mind, you can get a solar inverter suitable for you.
2. The type of solar inverter you need. According to the waveform, you may need to consider three types of solar inverters. They are pure sine waves, modified sine waves and square waves. The most recommended use is the pure sine wave. Most electrical appliances require pure sine waves to work normally. Modified sine waves are noisier and rougher than pure sine waves, which are not suitable for all equipment. On the other hand, square waves are the rarest of them because they are not used as often.
3. How to connect the solar inverter? Most of the solar inverters use thick wires that plug into the battery directly. The cable size depends on the distance between the solar inverter and the battery.
4. The type of battery used. The battery is an important part of the solar energy system. The performance and life of a solar power inverter depends on its battery. The battery is divided into three categories: lead-acid batteries, maintenance-free batteries and tubular batteries. Compared to other batteries, maintenance batteries are the safest to use. They are sealed and don't need to supplement or check the electrolyte level like a lead-acid battery.
5. How long you can run the electrical appliances through the solar inverter? It depends on the battery size and the type of battery used. Solar inverters obtain electricity from batteries. The number of running hours of all equipment and the battery capacity needed to run them are backed up.
6. The installation position. The installation position determines the service life of the solar electric inverter. Make sure that the area has adequate clean ventilation and is large enough. It should not be exposed to adverse conditions such as overheated, damp lockers or unsealed batteries and gases. Some specific solar inverters can deal with the harsh environment, but they cost more. It is recommended that the inverter be placed in a large area with good ventilation.