How Commercial Solar Panel Systems Work
Ⅰ. Classification of commercial solar panel systems
Commercial solar panel systems are mainly divided into off-grid photovoltaic power generation systems and grid-connected photovoltaic power generation systems.
1. The off-grid photovoltaic power generation system is mainly composed of solar cell components, controllers, and batteries. To supply power to AC loads, an AC inverter is also required.
2. The grid-connected photovoltaic power generation system is that the direct current generated by solar modules is converted into alternating current that meets the requirements of the mains power grid through a grid-connected inverter and then directly connected to the public power grid.
Ⅱ. Understand the working principle of commercial solar panel systems
During the day, under light conditions, the solar cell modules generate a certain electromotive force, and form a solar cell square array through the series and parallel connection of the modules, so that the voltage of the square array meets the requirements of the system input voltage. Then the storage battery is charged through the charge and discharge controller, and the electric energy converted from light energy is stored.
At night, the battery pack provides input power for the inverter. Through the function of the inverter, the DC power is converted into AC power, which is sent to the power distribution cabinet, and the power is supplied by the switching function of the power distribution cabinet. The discharge of the battery pack is controlled by the controller to ensure the normal use of the battery. The photovoltaic power station system should also have limited load protection and lightning protection devices to protect the system equipment from overload operation and lightning strikes, and maintain the safe use of system equipment.
Ⅲ. Composition of commercial solar panel systems
1. Solar panel: The solar panel is the core part of commercial solar panel systems. The function of the solar panel is to convert the sun's light energy into electrical energy, and then output direct current and store it in the battery. Solar panels are one of the most important components in commercial solar panel systems, and their conversion rate and service life are important factors that determine whether a solar battery is valuable.
2. Controller: The solar controller is composed of a special processor CPU, electronic components, displays, switching power tubes, etc.
3. Battery: The function of the battery is to store the electric energy generated by the solar panel when there is light, and release it when needed.
4. Inverter: The direct output of solar energy is generally 12VDC, 24VDC, 48VDC. In order to provide power to 220VAC electrical appliances, it is necessary to convert the DC power generated by commercial solar panel systems into AC power, so a DC-AC inverter is required.