Repair and Maintenance of Solar PV Systems
With the development of the times and the advancement of science and technology, the photovoltaic power generation technology of solar power generation is more and more widely used in life. The repair and maintenance of solar PV systems has also become a concern for everyone, so how to maintain and repair solar PV systems?
Ⅰ. Learn about solar PV systems
Solar PV systems are widely used, and the basic forms of solar PV systems can be divided into two categories: independent power generation systems and grid-connected power generation systems. The main fields of application of Solar PV systems are mainly in communication systems, transportation, photovoltaic power stations, photovoltaic water pumps and household power supply in areas without electricity and power shortages.
Ⅱ. Repair and maintenance of solar PV systems
1) Photovoltaic array in solar PV systems: Check and fasten the connecting bolts and wires, test the output, and adjust the inclination.
2) Tracker: Lubricate bearings, check bolts and shock absorbers.
3) Alternate fuel system: The wiring is determined. It has been checked and is ready for use.
4) Charge controller: Check the voltage setting of the rectifier, and check that the voltmeter indicates normal. If the battery temperature is below 55°F, charging to a higher voltage should be allowed. If your charge controller has temperature compensation, it will adjust automatically. If there is an external temperature sensor, it is already attached to the battery. If there is no automatic adjustment function, you need to manually adjust the voltage up and back in the spring. If the charge controller of solar PV systems is not adjustable, try to keep the battery in a warmer environment.
5) Batteries (lead-acid): Check the voltage of each battery, rule out failures, and determine if equalization charging is required. Perform equalization charge maintenance if necessary. Clean the liquid or dust on the battery. Clean or replace corroded terminals. Apply petroleum jelly to terminals to prevent further corrosion. Check the battery fluid and add distilled or deionized water if necessary. Check the ventilation of the Anern solar PV systems (insects in the ventilation ducts, etc.). NOTE: Check wire size, connections, fuses, etc. for safety measures. Ground lightning protection: Install or check ground posts or wires.
6) Loads or appliances: Check transformers for invisible loads or low-efficiency wall lamps and TVs with remote controls that consume power as long as they are plugged in; check for blackened incandescent lamps and consider replacing them with halogen or fluorescent lamps. Replace blacked fluorescent lamps tube; clean the lamp and its mounting brackets from dust.
7) Inverter: Check the regulator, installation settings, wiring. Note: The charging voltage of the inverter with charging function should be set to 14.5(29) volts. If necessary, add additional temperature probes.
The battery temperature of solar PV systems lead-acid batteries loses 25% of their capacity at 30°F. When fully charged, freezing at 20°F will cause it to damage. Overheating in summer can also affect its lifespan. Therefore, batteries should be avoided in extreme outdoor temperature environments. The battery can operate safely when installed indoors according to the standard.